Tuesday, August 4, 2009

34th Letter fronm California

You do not need to apologize at all for not writing I know that life can get a little hectic some times. Well I think everything about the schools will pass. I did actually end up feeling like Mill Creek was home to me after I got out of that first semester I really did start to enjoy it. So I am confitednt the girls will be able to do the same with their new schools.

I am glad you are almost done with your temples, and I really hope the new format works for you. Too bad you wont be able to go to the Brisbane temple, that could have been fun(ha ha). I tell you what, I will take you to the first temple you design after I make the new york times best seller list.

That is a really great oppertunity for Katie I hope she makes the most of it. Yeah Missy mentioned the job in her letter and i am glad she is getting this experince if anything it will motivate her even more to finish her degree as if she needs any more drive.

Things are a lot better with my companion we get along great and we are working hard, and we are hoping that we will stay together for one more transfer, but we will find out on Saturday. What ever happens its the Lords will and it will be better for both of us.

We actually played vollyball on pday last week, my serves were on fire!!!

This week was had a couple of cool experiences first we got a call form the second councilor in the stake presidency about seven in the morning and asked me to speak at a funeral in the Vista tenth ward becuse the missionaries that cover that ward had a prior commitment with President Brady. The funeral was at eleven oclock that morning so I spent my studies preparing this talk, and ended up speaking for eight and a half minutes on the Plan of Salvation to a room full of about twenty non members!!! Another one was on my Birthday we went to this Chinese place because we had a cupon for buy one entree get one free (we were really greateful when we saw the bill) Elder packer spoke to the waitress in Mandrin and gave her a pass along card. It was really cool to listen to him all through out the meal. The other one was last night we were walking around getting our contacts and we were going to contact these two guys and we notice this pit bull is mauling the living daylights out of this Chiuauah. One of the guys is trying to ward off the pitbull by beating it with its shoe the pit bull finally let go and Elder packer and I just kept on walking because we figured that now would not be the best time. The really funny part was we told our district leader about it this morning and he said "at least it was a chiuahua" this did not please his companion who happens to own two of the little runts back at home.

Love you more than weeks that boost your confidence.
Chris

[Mom's note: She is fully insupport of Elder McKenna hoping into the middle of a dog fight!]

No comments: