Tuesday, January 26, 2010

57th Letter From Clifornia

I love Alma 7:11-12 its one of my favoite scriptures to use when I teach people about the atonement. Well this week was extremely interesting. I'll start with Monday night. We went to the family home evening for the singles ward and we sit through the lesson and start playing pass the pigs with some of the members. Rewind a little bit to the following week we were told that one of the members girlfriends(****) has been reading the Book of Mormon with her boyfriend (&&&&&) and the first councelor in the bishopric(Bro. Brundege)and she wanted to start taking the lessons. She is in the group that we are playing pass the pigs with. So Elder Kim starts talking to her about that and she tells us that she wants to get baptized!!! We have taught her three times already and she hasn't missed a beat.

Then #### baptism had a rough start but a great finish. We get there and the closet that has the water faucet is locked so we call our zone leaders and they come unlock it and start filling the font for us because we had to get to a lesson. So we get to the stake center and after a while I go in to check the level of the water and I move the closet door so I can get to the font, and it closes all the way and locks! We start pannicking, and eventually Elder Kim takes his suit off and jumps into the font and tries to unplug the drain. He cant find it, but lucklly the member of the Stake Presidencey gets there with a skelton key and unlocks it so we can get the font to drain to the appropriate level.

Love you more than having a cell phone in an emergency,
Elder McKenna

No comments: