Well this week was full of awsome experiences. ######## is so amazing. She is giving up so much in a short period of time and it looks like every thing will stay on track for the 21st!
We did several exchanges this week. An exchange is where you work with a missionary other than your companion for the day. On monday I was blessed with the opportunity to work with Elder Marler, our Zone Leader. I can't remember whether I told you about this on Tuesday or not so I will. We started off the morining with a little practice on our door appoaches. The way President Brady has instructed us to do these goes somthing Like this. Hi I'm Elder McKenna this is my companion Elder Hunsaker we are the missionaries that live here in the neigborhood, and we are sharing this free gift about *insert title of pamplet here* Then we would tie that into the Restoration, bear brief testimony then close with somthing along the lines of We would love to share more may we do so? Then we went right out and applied what we had been practicing, we tracted until lunch.
Then we met with a lady named ###### and we talked a little bit about scripture study and missonary work. Then we had several of our scheduled appointments fall through so more tracting. Then we met with Elder Marlers ward mission leader had dinner and wrapped up the exchange.
We had another exchange on Thursday with Elder Stith. We did service at a place called the bottem shelf book store. We had a great time sorting books. Elder Stiths allergies started to act up so we took a break, then we had lesson with ####### and she promised to come to church on Sunday, I will have to ask if she actually did.
Then on Satuday I worked with Elder Orallo. We had a lesson with ####### ######## a recently called ward missionary. We are basically teaching the lessons to him for two reasons. One to familarize him with the new format of the lessons, second I need the practice. Then we did service for a lady named ########, her husband is in Afganistan and the first time we stopped by we told her we were avalable to help with anything she nedded. we helped her move a couch and do some yard work. Then we gave a blessing to Sister ######### an older lady in the ward. She was crying she was so appricative. It was really cool.
Sunday was a fast and testimony meeting that I will never forget. ###### ###### passed the Sacrament for the first time. I was so excited I was beaming the whole time. Then I got up and bore my testimony of the restoration and how much missonary work has strengthend it. Then ########, one of the less actives we have been working with got up and bore her testimony and that was awsome. Then ####### ######## one of our investigators got up and bore her testimony. I was shocked I mean she is not even baptized yet and she gets up in fornt of the entire ward and bears an incredible testimony of the Book of Mormen and the spirit.
Yesterday I worked with Elder Root one of the Spanish speaking Elders. One of the first lessons we had Elder Root asked me to bear my testimony on prayer. He translated of course, but still the spirit was so strong. It is amazing how the spirit works though people. We had a couple of other lessons, and I just stuck to simple testimony, one of the ladies even said she under stood what i said even though she spoke little English herself. She said she knew just enough for her job.
Love you more than Valentine truffles,
Chris
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment