Well, I hope you get well soon. I have some news that may brighten your day. While we were waiting to do interviews with President Brady, Sister Brady asked all a bunch of get to know you questions. One of which was what your parents did for a living. I told them about dads distribution and I told her that you designed quilt patterns and sold them over the internet. As it turns out she is a quilter, so I gave her your web sites so you may be getting a few orders from Carlsbad soon, we'll see.
Its amazing how the spirit can work like that not just in seminary but with life in general. Anyway the reason I am going on so many exchanges is my companion is the district leader and one of the responsibilites of the district leader is to evaluate the level of obedience and the quality of the teaching of the other missionaries in the district. So I go on a lot of exchanges. Ordinarally an exchange would only happen to a companionship twice in a transfer, but I end up going on eight exchanges in one transfer. I am looking at it as a blessing because I get to know all of the elders in my district a little better.
Love you mare than chaocolate frosting,
Chris
Well I am glad that I am able to make you proud. Yes I am glad that I am not working at publix anymore, However after the mission I can can safely say to my self if I start working retail again, "Bring it on customers I am a returned missionary." I mean seriosly, in three months of tracting I have gotten in to one door. The majority of the investigators we are working with are people we have been street contacts. And three baptisms were from a member referal, one was the daughter of some less actives that have returned to activity and the other is the spouse of a less active member who has a date for the 21st. And so far I have had people from three diffrent religions try to convert me, a Buddist, an Eastern Orthodox , and a Seventh Day Adventist. I had to fight the urge to say people do you think I would be out here in a suit, tie, and name tag trying to convert you if I had any intention of changing my religion!! *takes a deep breath to calm down and retun to a positive train of thought* :)
Anyway for the really cool stuff that happend this week both Brother ##########, and Brother ####### blessed the sacrament. That right there is exactily why I am out on the mission. I mean, how cool is that to see a former less active and a recent convert excersie their priesthood. I was so far above cloud 9 that you cant even see it any more! Congradualte Alix for me. And as for Missy's scores that does not suprise me at all. I wrote somthing about that in my response to the Dear Elder letter that will be in the mail tomorrow. And I am happy that you hve been able to make that much progress toward your goal.
Love you more than Better than Alomst Anything Cake,
Chris
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment