Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2nd Letter from California

You guessed it tuesday is now my Pday. I have been sent to a small town called Fallbrook serving in the second ward. My new companion's name is Elder Archibald. He has a great entuisiasm for the work. I am killing him which is mission talk for I am his last companion before he goes home. The ward has been so excited to have us beacuse before that they had to share a set of elders with one of the other Fallbrook wards.

The people have been cordial. No one has been overly harsh. Usually if we try to teach them we get a response that goes somthing like this "I admire and respect what you do, but I am already *insert branch of Christianity here*. Any how we have had 4 new investigators and some less active and part member families that are showing intrest in the church. One familiy, the ######## returning to activity and we are teching their 9 year old daughter the lessons so she can be baptized. The ####### are a part member family origionally for Haiti. The father is the non member he is now in the Marines. He translates for his wife, she speaks Creole French and basic English. We challenged him to read Moroni 10 and pray about it so we will se how that goes.

I just got back form the San Diego temple, Wow what a sight !!!

No i did not spend $160 at the MTC. I kept the 100 I had for anything I may need on the flight or here in Fallbrook. That is what I bought the bike with and a couple sets of garments, a back up set of Scriptures and lunch at In and Out on the way home from the temple. Tell Sis Nicolas I am now an Animal Style addict !!!!

Love
Elder Christopher McKenna

No comments: