You did pretty good on the numbers for the nativity game. (We guessed 13 months, 7baptisms, 5 companions, 3 areas and one mission.) Even though I technaically wont be out 13 months until later this week. I thought you were going to wait until Christmas to do it again but I guess it would be a little hard to do on the flight to UT. The only number you missed was the one. I was thinking of, one new outlook on life. But you guys did great!!!
Unfortunately Elder Whiting was sick for most of the week so we didn't go out a whole lot. It really helped me gain an apprication for Elder Hunsaker. I don't remember if I told you but one night the threw up 4 times and still went out the next day. Something about being stuck in your room for days on end makes you apreciate going out.
As far as what has been going on. We had another lesson with &&&, and we think we have made a lot of progress we started to ask him questions about what he wants in life, what his backround is, that kind of thing. We were able to find out that his daughter hasn't spoken to him in 7 years, because his ex wife let his daughter read the content of thier divorce papers and she has not responded to any of his attempts to make amends. Could you put his name on the temple prayer rolls for me?
We have also gotten in contact with the ###### family again. Their house flodded before I came to Poway and we have been going over to help them move back in hopefully we will be able to start teaching them soon. The members we live with(The Jergensens) have been called to be mission presidents!!! They dont know where they are going yet but they do know that it will be an english speaking mission. I was talking to Sis Jergrensen the other day she said that they had always planned on serving a mission but she had never dreamed it would be like this.
You will find this amusing. Last week, I started to drink some Boost nutrition shakes for breakfast and Brother (or should I say President Jergensen) asked me if I liked them and I said yes he also asked me how much I weighed. I told him and he said I need to put on 30 pounds in order for me to be at a healthy weight. He said they best way for me to do that was to eat carbs until I can start working out. My goal is to weigh 165 by the time I come home.
Yesterday was absolutely crazy it did not stop raining form noon until six and Elder Whiting and I were out walkin in it the whole time, except for when this nice guy named jim gave us a ride. Unfortunately none of the people we went to go visit even lived in the houses we were told they lived in anymore. It was rough. But the members we ate with fed us chili and cornbread for dinner, that made it all better.
love you more than chili and corn bread,
Chris
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment