Tuesday, June 16, 2009

27th Letter from California

This week was a very interesting week. It seemed like we had a solid week but as it turned out all of the lessons that we had were with recent converts, which isnt nessicarally a bad thing but we need a couple more investigators.

We taught %%%%%%%% the first three new member lessons she is soaking them up like a sponge.(the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ) and we taught @@@@@@@ the forth new member lessons (the commandments). A new member lesson is where we reteach the lessons that we have taught prior to baptism then we have one additional lesson that we teach it deals with the improtance of the priesthood, callings, church auxillary organizations,missionary work etc.

%%%%%%%%(same as above/the lady he baptized) went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead on Saturday. She cant wait to go again. Next time she will have all the paperwork done so she can do the work for her mother and grandmother.

$$$$$$ needed to study for an exam to get some kind of teacher certification so we didnt meet with her this week. We may end up dropping &&&&&. He likes having us over and all but he is just to comfortable at his brothers church. He playes the gitar and keybord there and we think he dosent want to give that up. That and we have not been able to get a hold of him for a while. Although he has come to recognize that his brothers church hs its flaws.

I got your packege today. I have already devowered one of the containers of scnikerdoddles. Yes I did offer some to Elder Braford. I will try to have the letters in the mail tomorrow. I would really appricate it if you could pray that my back will hold up. On Sunday, I couldn't stand up for more than a few minutes at a time and I am having trouble sleeping. but on the bright side the Lord some how made it possible for me to get out and do work yesterday.

Anyway, to end on an exciting note Elder Bednar is coming to speak to all the missionaries on Saturday. I cant wait!!

love you more than creme soda,
Chris

No comments: