Elder Bednar was absoulutely amazing!!!! He sarted out by condeming the way people in the LDS church take notes. Notes are not to record what people say. Notes serve us better when we listen attentively and write down OUR OWN SPIRTUAL IMPRESSIONS. Sorry to put that in all caps but there is no under line option, anyway next point.
He also pointed out that people are expecting spiritual impressions to be this huge awe inspiring thing when more often than not it is just a simple thought. Which brought to mind an experince I had a couple of days prior. Before I prepared a lesson for ^^^^, I said a prayer asking for insperation as to what I should teach. The first thing which popped into my head was I needed to reteach the Restoration. Instead of just doing that I proceded to think about which specific principles I should be teaching. My companion pointed out the fact that I was thinking to much and that was the root of my frustration. During the lesson I felt a really strong spirit I am hoping that that turns in to somthing.
Elder Bednar also enouraged us to be more thourogh when we follow up on the reading assignment. It is acually somthing that I have noticed that in my own teaching. the common practice is to ask the investigator if they read our assignment, then immedately begin teaching the next lesson. We were instructed to ask a question after they respond such as "what did you learn from your reading?" When they answer this they will bear testimony without knowing they are bearing testimony, and the spirit will be present and it will direct the lesson in a way that will be the most benificial to our investigator. It's so simple I love it!!!
love you more than Chocolate truffles,
Chris
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment